Friday, January 5, 2018
Homemade Almond Joy Lip Scrub
I don't know about you guys, but my lips tend to stay chapped in the winter time. I will be the first to tell you that I am not a girly girl. Not by any means. I am a boy mom and my boys have been known to stare at me if I have makeup on because they rarely see me with it on. I literally shower, brush my teeth and put on mascara and chapstick most every day. But....dry , cracked lips are a no go with me. I have bought expensive lip exfoliants /scrubs before and they work fine. But I am pretty absent minded and misplace things all the time, not to mention needing one for the car, the house, my purse etc and at $16-$20 per small tube, no way. Making my own lip scrub is the solution. And as a plus, it is so inexpensive, easy to make and it is all natural. There are so many different flavors you can use. Add instant coffee, essential oils, flavored water drops etc instead of the coconut and almond extracts that I use. I choose the almond joy flavor because my boys use it too, and I know if it smells and tastes too girly, they won't use it, so I stick to the basics. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer in general. and it works wonders on lips. It leaves them soft and healthy. You can use granulated white sugar or brown sugar for this recipe. I just grabbed white for this batch. Totally up to you. These make wonderful gifts as well.
The containers I use came from my local pharmacy. If you look in the section where they sell travel sized toiletries, you can usually find small containers that will be perfect for this scrub. Usually I can find clear, blue, green and purple ones. This recipe fills 6 to 8 of the small containers, depending on how tightly you pack it in there .
Make sure if your coconut oil is hard , pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until it melts and is easier to mix with the sugar and extracts. It will harden back up ( or melt ) depending on where you store it. Keeping it in the refrigerator in the warmer months will keep it the right consistency to use on your lips.
Homemade Almond Joy Lip Scrub
Ingredients
1 c white or brown sugar
1/4 c coconut oil, softened
1/4 tsp coconut extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
Directions
In a bowl, mix all 4 ingredients well. Using a small spoon, scoop into containers and pack the scrub with the back of the spoon ( Like you would if you were packing brown sugar for baking)
That's it ! Use on lips as a scrub . Gently massage into lips. Wipe off with a slightly wet cloth , or just lick it off, it is 100% edible :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weeknight Baked Chicken Spaghetti
This chicken spaghetti recipe is one that I have been making since my babies were small. It is full of flavor and is filling, especially whe...
-
This is the number one requested soup recipe at my house. It is a spin off of chicken noodle soup and it is outstanding. You can find...
-
When I was a little girl, there was a seafood restaurant in the town we lived in called Neptune's Galley. I have no idea ...

No comments:
Post a Comment